Our pistachios come from the USA and are shelled and activated ready for eating. They are some of the finest that we have tasted and are a lovely addition to the ActivEarth family.
A 28 gram serving of pistachios, which is about 49 kernels, has about 159 calories and:
- Vitamin B6
Among the possible health benefits of pistachios:
- High levels of unsaturated fatty acids and potassium. Both have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory traits.
- They can lower your chances for cardiovascular disease.
- Pistachios are bursting with the fiber, minerals, and unsaturated fat that can help keep your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol in check.
- Their fiber and protein can make you feel fuller for longer. This fiber can also have a positive effect on your gut by aiding "good" bacteria.
- They can help you manage your weight since they’re a nutritious and satisfying snack. This may help you eat less overall and lose weight. Buying pistachios in their shells slows down your eating.
- Some studies suggest that eating pistachios lowers the amount of fat and sugar (glycemic index) in your blood, as well as improves the flexibility and tone of your blood vessels.